PT Marga Mandalasakti (ASTRA Infra Toll Road Tangerang-Merak/PT MMS) was established on 4 October 1989 in Jakarta and started its commercial operation on 1 April 1990. It operates the 72.45 km long Tangerang-Merak toll road, which connects West Tangerang and Merak, on the north-western end of Java. The toll road passes by 3 cities: Tangerang, Serang, and Cilegon. The Tangerang-Merak toll road forms part of the Trans-Java toll road network.
In 2005, PT Astratel Nusantara (ASTRA Infra) acquired 34% of PT MMS, which it increased to 79.3% by 2009. Thereafter, PT MMS invested significant amounts in revitalising the road and upgrading capacity and services.
As the first toll road operator company owned by Astra, PT MMS has won numerous internal and external awards, including the following:
• Astra Award 2012
• Astra Award 2013
• Top 5 Best Operational Performance from Anugerah Business Review
• Top 5 of Best CEO Award from Anugerah Business Review
• Top 5 in Toll Road User Satisfaction Survey for Toll Road Services conducted by BPJT on 27 toll roads in Indonesia
• Astra Award 2014
• Rekor Bisnis Award : "Technology Pioneer for Automatic Vehicle Classification (AVC) based on treadle sensor in Closed system toll road"
• The best “Media Relation Activities” for Indonesia Toll Operator Company 2016 in Indonesia Corporate Secretary & Corporate Comunication Award (ICCA) 2016
• 2nd Best for Non Listed Private Company category in Indonesia Human Capital Award (IHCA)-II 2016